Multiple Choice Questions
Que:1 Prokaryotes are classified into which two types of domain?
1. Bacteria and Eukarya
2. Archaea and Monera
3. Eukarya and Monera
4.Bacteria and Protista
5. Bacteria and Archaea
Que: 2 What is the primary distinguishing characteristic of fungi?
1. Being sedentary
2. Being Prokaryotic
3. Gaining nutrition through ingestion
4. Absorbing dissolved nutrients
5. Being decomposers of dead organisms.
Que:3 What are archaea?
- The application of antibiotics of a certain concentration kills the single-celled organism.
2. Bacteria-like organisms that can live only in extreme salt environments.
3. Organisms that are adapted to high-temperature environments such as volcanic springs.
4. Primitive protist-like creature processing fewer than two chromosomes per cell.
5. Prokaryotes are characterized as extremophiles that share some bacterial and some eukaryotic cells.
Que: 4. A water sample from a hot thermal vent contained a single-celled organism that had a cell wall but lacked a nucleus. What is the most likely classification?
Que:5. Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells generally have which of the following features in common?
- Flagella or Cilia that contain microtubule
- Linear chromosomes made of DNA and protein
- A cell wall made of cellulose
- A membrane-bound nucleus
Que: 6. Which of the following is true about inclusion bodies?
- Present freely in the cytoplasm
- Store phosphate & Glycogen
- All of the above
Que: 7. Which of the following is true
- Bacterial pili are made up of flagellin protein
- Bacterial pili are made up of pilin protein
- Bacteria flagella are different from eukaryotic flagella
- All of the above
Que: 8. Which of the following best demonstrates the unity among all organisms?
- Matching DNA nucleotide sequences
- Natural selection
- Emergent properties
- The structure and function of DNA
- Descent with modification
Que: 9. Which of the following types of cells utilize deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) as their genetic material but do not have their DNA encased within a nuclear envelope?
Que: 10. Flagella of prokaryotic and eukaryotic differ in:
- Location in cell and mode of functioning
- Microtubular organization and type of movement.
- Microtubular organization and function
- Types of movement and placement in the cell.
- None of the above
Que.11. Mesosomes in prokaryotes do not help in:
- Cell wall formation
- DNA replication
Que: 12. Which is a typical feature of prokaryotic cells
- Nucleus absent
- Cell wall absent
- DNA absent
- RNA absent
Que: 13. Protists and bacteria are grouped into different domains because
- Bacteria are not made of cells
- Bacteria decompose protists
- Protists are photosynthetic
- Protists have a membrane-bound nucleus, which bacterial cells lack
- Protists eat bacteria
Que: 14. Region of the prokaryotic cell, where DNA is present
Que: 15. Extra circular ds DNA in a prokaryotic cell?
Que: 16. Chromatophores are:
- Vesicles that store pigments in prokaryotic cells
- Extension on the membrane in cyanobacteria
- Coloured pigments present in fluorescent bacteria
- Present in the lipopolysaccharide layer of gram-negative bacteria
Que: 17. A filamentous organism has been isolated from decomposing organic matter. This organism has a cell wall but no chloroplasts. How would you classify the organism?
- Domain Eukarya, Kingdom Plantae
- Domain Eukarya, Kingdom Fungi
- Domain Eukarya, Kingdom Protista
- Domain Archaea Kingdom Bacteria
- Domain Bacteria, Kingdom Prokaryota
Que: 18. The extracellular appendages which help in movement in bacteria
Que: 19. When a bunch of flagella present on one end of bacteria
Que: 20. Which of the following is non-cellular?
- Bacterial cell
- Fungal cells
Que: 21. Shorter pili in prokaryotes are involved in:
Que: 22. Cell wall of Gram Negative bacteria is made of:
- Chitinoid material
- Both 1 and 3
Que: 23. Prokaryotic cell wall is made up of:
Que: 24. One of the most important functions of plasma membrane:
- Formation of the nuclear membrane
- Export of macromolecules
- Transport of molecules across it
Que: 25. Which of the following is not a process of gene transfer in a prokaryotic cell?
Que: 26. Identify the accurate explanation of mesosome it is:
- The middle layer of the prokaryotic cell wall
- The organelle of the eukaryotic cell which helps in lipid synthesis
- The middle layer of the eukaryotic cell wall
- A specialised structure of prokaryotic cell formed by extension of the plasma membrane into the cytoplasm
Que: 27. The number of mitochondria per cell is variable, depending on:
- Shape of cells
- Size of cells
- Types of genes present in mt DNA
- Physiological activity of cells
Que: 28. A bacterial has an additional layer outside the cell wall known as:
- Surface appendages
Que: 29. Which of the following is correct?
- Both animal and plant cells have a well-defined cell wall
- Cells of living organisms have a nucleus
- Cells are formed de novo from abiotic
- In prokaryotes, there are no membrane-bound nucleus
Que: 30. In eubacteria, a cellular component that resembles a eukaryotic cell is:
- Plasma Membrane
- Cell Wall
Que: 31. Which of the following sentences are true about capsules?
- Capsules can adhere to a solid surface
- Protect bacteria from being phagocytosis
- The adhesive power of the capsule is the initiation of some bacterial disease
- All of the above