Multiple Choice Questions
- For which diode is used?
- Who among the following developed the technology of underground nuclear explosion?
a) Dr Homi J.Bhabha
b) Dr Vikram Sarabhai
c) Dr Raja Ramanna
d) Dr P.K.Iyengar
- Which among the following types of coal produces most heat per unit?
- Which among the following waves is used for communication by artificial satellites?
d) Frequency of 1016 series
- What is found in frequency modulation?
a) Fixed frequency
b) Fixed dimension
c) Change in frequency and dimension
d) Change in dimension only
- When the speed of the car is doubled, then what will be the breaking force of the car to stop it at the same distance?
a) Four times
b) two times
- The dimension of which of the following is the same as that of impulse?
d) Change in the rate of momentum
- Which among the following is the fundamental quantity?
- When a ring of metal is heated what happens to its hole?
c) It expands or contracts according to its diameter
d) It expands or contracts according to its coefficient of expansion.
- If the diameter of a capillary is doubled, then the rise of water in it will be
a) two times
c) four times
d) no change
- Why does the needle of an iron swim on the water’s surface when is it kept gently?
a) It will remain under the water when it will displace more water than its weight
b) the density of the needle is less than that of the water
c) due to surface tension
d) due to its shape
- The mass of a star is two times the mass of the Sun. How it will come to an end?
a) Neutron Star
c) White dwarf
d) Red Giant
- A dynamo is used to convert………..
a) Mechanical energy into chemical energy
b) Electrical energy into chemical energy
c) Potential energy into electrical energy
d) Kinetic energy into Potential energy
- “Fibre optic cable” used in communication, works on the principle of…….
a) Total internal reflection of light
b) Reflection of light
c) Dispersion of light
d) Scattering of light
- The energy stored in a watch spring is:
a) Kinetic Energy
b) Potential Energy
c) Chemical Energy
d) Heat Energy
- Which of the following produces more severe burns?
a) Hot Water
c) Boiling water
d) Melting iceberg
- An oil drop spreads over:
a) Oil is lighter than water
b) Oil is more viscous
c) Oil does not mix with water
d) Surface tension of oil is much smaller than that of water.
- Which of the following laws validates the statement that matters can neither be created nor destroyed?
a) Law of conservation of energy
b) Le Chatelier’s Principle
c) Law of conservation of mass
d) Law of osmosis
- Which of the following instrument is used to measure humidity?
a) Kata Thermometer
c) Sling Psychrometer
d) Clinical Thermometer
- The energy that is produced commercially from coal is called?
a) Light Energy
b) Kinetic Energy
c) Thermal Energy
d) Potential Energy