What is Mission Shakti Abhiyan?
Mission Shakti Abhiyan Campaign is launched by our honorable Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh ‘Yogi Aditya Nath,’ which intends to create awareness about ‘Woman Empowerment’ in our state Uttar Pradesh.
The incident of rape in Hathras and Balrampur had raised questioned on the state government over the safety of women, meanwhile, the Chief Minister started Mission Shakti Abhiyan on 17 October 2020.
This Mission had run in Mission mode through all 75 districts, 521 blocks, 59,000 panchayats, 630 urban bodies,1535 police stations of the state till April 20121.
Inaugurating the campaign our chief minister said that woman is a symbol of ‘Shakti’ and in our Sanatan Dharma woman are revered and venerable, Yogi Ji also said that under this campaign, people who commit atrocities against women and women across the state will be identified and arrested, along with photographs of the culprits who have committed crimes against women and girls at the intersections. He said that the culprits of crime against women will be tried in a fast-track court and harsh punishment will be given soon.
Objective Of Mission Shakti Abhiyan:
- The objective of Mission Shakti run by the Uttar Pradesh government is to create public awareness among women and girls, to make them self-reliant, to reveal the identity of those who commit violence against them, to make them feel safe.
- Under this mission, a target has been set to create awareness on issues related to women and children. For the safety, respect, and self-reliance of women and girls, many types of programs will be organized by the government under this campaign.
- This program will help spread the sense of security and respect for women and children. It will also help provide a new dimension to the need for woman’s self-reliance.
- This mission shakti has been launched to reduce crime against women.
Slogan of Mission Shakti:
“Nari Shakti Ka Karo Samman, Hoga Tabhi Desh Udhdhar”
Stages Of Mission Shakti Abhiyan:
Mission Shakti Abhiyaan Conducted in three phases. During these phases, many special types of programs had been organized. This role model had been selected by forming a committee of social organizations, media, and aware social workers. 100 role models had been selected from each district.
Features Of Mission Shakti :
- Mission Shakti aims to provide security and safety to women and children.
- The private operator is also the partner of mission shakti Abhiyaan.
- To raise more awareness about the scheme, other departments like medical education, technical education, secondary education, employment exchange, panchayat raj are also part of the program.
- In Mission Shakti, the Abhiyaan government organized various programs like short films, street plays, security pledges, women’s law, and other inspirational stories to increase the awareness of women.
- Various departments from many organizations- primary education, secondary education, higher education, MSME, and other government agencies.
Advantage of Mission Shakti:
- The Mission Shakti yojana has had an impact like Sanjivani on women.
- At the beginning of this program, the chief minister said that a separate room will be kept for woman complaints in the 1535 police station of state in which constable police will be included and police officers will take immediate action.
- Women constable have been deployed in the police station so that the victim woman could share her complaint frankly.
- 52 complaints have been registered at the Kotwali Dehaat police station within 30 days of implementation of the scheme.
Effect Of First & Second Phase Of Mission Shakti:
- Due to the activism of Mission Shakti and the swift action of Uttar Pradesh Police, more than 3500 criminals have been arrested so far.
- Between the inception of the campaign on March 24, 2021, 12 accused have been sentenced to death and 456 life imprisonment.
- On behalf of the Uttar Pradesh Transport department, women will get the special facility in getting a driving Licence.
- To make women aware of road safety awareness campaigns are being organized by organizing camps from place to place under Mahila shakti Mission.
- Chief minister Yogi Aditya Nath has ordered to actively reach the Mission shakti program in all colleges of the state.
Third Phase Of Mission Shakti: On 21 August 2021
- In Uttar Pradesh third phase of Mission Shakti was launched by our Financial minister Nirmala Shitaraman in the presence of governer of state Anandi Ben Patel and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow.
- Uttar Pradesh is carrying out various schemes for the development and empowerment of women.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Shitaraman said that the Union government is doing a lot in the field of women empowerment.
- The finance minister cited the example of Prime minister Narendra Modi always has planned and doing for women empowerment.
- She said that under the Union Government’s schemes-Jan Dhana Yojana, Ujjwal yojana, Mudra and Poshan Yojana, women have been benefited a lot. The minister said that now women are becoming commissioned Officers in our Armed Forces.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that Mission Shakti is a campaign of safety and honors of women half of the population. He counted the achievement of the State Government for women’s empowerment.
- During the program financial assistance of rupees, 30.12 crores under Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangla Yojana was transferred online in the accounts of more than 1.55 lakh eligible girls.
- It was also decided to keep the pink toilet and Mahila beat police stationed in 1286 police stations of Uttar Pradesh.
- 75 women including- doctors, health workers, Self-Help Groups, Police Department, Women and Child Development, Education Department, and entrepreneurs were honored for their exemplary work during the first and second phase of Mission Shakti and their contribution towards the development of the state.
- Under Mission Shakti Abhiyan special recruitment will be started on 2982 post of women battalion in U.P.
- Special Mission Shakti Kaksh built-in 58,000 Gram Panchayat Bhawans were also inaugurated.
- The State Government had made one-day free travel for women in UPSRTC buses on the occasion of Rakshabandhan.
Frequently Asked Question:
Question: How many phases of Mission Shakti Abhiyan?
Answer: There are 3 phases of Mission Shakti Abhiyan.
Question: What is the objective of Mission Shakti Abhiyan?
Ans: The objective of Mission Shakti is security, respect, and empowerment to the women and children of Uttar Pradesh.
Question: When was Mission Shakti Abhiyan started?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh Mission shakti started on 17 October during Navratri by Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Question: How to join Mission Shakti Abhiyan?
Answer: All the interested people of Uttar Pradesh can join through social media or other public awareness programs to spread the propaganda of Mission Shakti Abhiyan.
Question: What is the slogan of Mission Shakti Abhiyan?
Answer: “Nari Shakti Ka Karo Samman Hoga Tabhi Desh Udhdhar”
Conclusion: Mission Shakti Abhiyaan is being run in Uttar Pradesh is getting great success, criminals have been punished for many types of crimes as well as promoting women empowerment by giving respect to women.
You may reach out to some other interesting topic Covid19: Surveillance, Symptoms, Transmission & Precautions
Disclaimer: The effort of this site is always to reach the right information to people. after reading any information please visit the official website concerned.
References: www.newsonair.com, www.hindiraj.com, www.sarkariyojananews.com